I cannot believe that it is my turn to write to you all again! You should all have now received your invitation to sign in and set your own password for the HUB. Have you looked yet? I am so excited about it, and its potential to revolutionise our communication with you all.
The Programme area is going to be enticing and interesting, with all your project reports being shown live as they are up loaded. Don’t forget to add that thumbnail picture to the front of your report, as it will be that picture that will get other members looking further.
It can be a picture from your event, a poster, an invitation or even a graphic that shows us what it is all about. Don’t forget to make sure you have permission to use it and last week’s Facebook live session on how to create amazing graphics by Anne’s team will be of help to you. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByrG_0kEMnc
Also, you can attach project planning papers and other pdf documents to your reports, this will help other clubs replicate your fantastic work. If we can share good practice, we can all learn from it and from each other. They will also be important as we consider the Programme Awards going forwards. I look forward to reading your reports and watching the news feeds.
My work plan is now written and my team have split themselves into three working groups:
- Group 1 is looking at helping you with project planning and the writing of reports.
- Group 2 is looking at training, webinars etc on all things programme to help inform and inspire you.
- Group 3 is looking at the programme focus awards, looking to see if we can do them differently in future. I have also tasked them to consider the Federation Programme Committee meeting, and conference.
All the work is interlinked and will involve us working with Anne and her comms team and Dishi with Membership.
The 5 Assistant Programme Director’s (APD) and United Kingdom Programme Action Committee (UKPAC) Chair are also working in smaller teams to support the three clusters and each other.
- Asia Cluster is Gillie O’Rourke (UKPAC Chair) and Shukla Chattopadhyay (APD Prosperity)
- Caribbean Cluster is Eleanor Evans (APD People) and Anitha Rajarajan (APD Planet)
- Europe Cluster is Ayushi Kundu (APD Partnerships) and Meenakshi Ray (APD Peace)
Please contact any of them if you have a specific query re one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or programme in general. You will be able to message them through the new Hub. How great is that!
Myself and 5 other SIGBI members are getting ready to attend the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) in New York in March. Some, of it will be face to face and some sessions held virtually. It is not too late to apply to come to the virtual NGO CSW67 forums and events apply here https://ngocsw.org/ngocsw67/
To get the most out of the experience you might like to go to “Learn everything you need to know to have a successful experience at the NGO CSW67 Forum!”
Date: Thursday, 16 February 2023. Time: 1 – 2:30 pm EST. Register on the link already shared.
We will share our experiences as we go along with blogs and media posts and use the Soroptimist Lab https://soroptimistlab.mn.co/sign_in If you haven’t looked, it’s definitely a great place to visit for all things “Soroptimist”.
Here are some Actions for you:
- Register for the Hub! Did you realise you could win a prize just for logging in, over the next 3 months?
- Register to go to NGO CSW67 it’s free
- Join the Soroptimist LAB
- Tell my team what you want, think, have planned
So as always, my Virtual door is open and I am ready to hear your ideas and issues. Thanks to those of you who have contacted me. We have a great opportunity to make huge differences to women and girls across the world.
Just like it says in our new Strap line
SIGBI Programme Director