Calendar of Soroptimist Events
See what Special Days and Soroptimist events are coming up. To submit an event complete this simple online form
October – November 2016
In an attempt to raise awareness of Breast Cancer, SI St Vincent & The Grenadines has a long-standing partnership with the local Medical Association and together we host a Pink Cap City Walk. We have dancing girls and little drummer boys with a police escort who clears our path. We hand out Self breast test leaflets and educate the public as we make our way around the Capital – Kingstown.
This October there’s a fantastic opportunity for you to support the Meru Women’s Garden Project, a partnership with Child.org, by holding your very own Supper Club, in the same month as World Food Day!
Hosting your Supper Club
You’ll turn professional chef for the evening and sell tickets for your Supper Club, with all the money raised donated to benefit the project.
How it works
- You’ll decide on a date in October to host your Supper Club. How about World Food Day on October 16th?
- With suggestions from top UK chefs and Supper Club hosts, you’ll design a knock-out three-course menu, and decide
- whether you’ll be charging your diners £20, £50 or £100 a head.
- Child.org will give you the tools you need to create exclusive invitations for 6-10 friends, family or complete strangers!
- You’ll cook up a storm and enjoy a fantastic evening cooking great food for your friends!
- Child.org will spend the money you raise on helping children living in sub-Saharan Africa to stay healthy, safe and at school.
Find out more about the Great Big Supper Club and sign up on thegreatbigsupperclub.org website.
Soroptimists from the 29 countries in Soroptimist International Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI), plus Members from the Americas, Europe and South West Pacific Soroptimist Federations, will be flying to Malta for the annual SIGBI Conference.
There are 7 inspirational key note and programme speakers lined up, plus presentations on outstanding Club Projects. You do not need to be a Soroptimist to attend – anyone is welcome.
Full details of the speakers and other events, and how to register are on the Malta 2016 Conference Website – www.sigbi.org/malta2016.
Come along and be inspired!
Annual Literary Dinner, Guest Speakers: Kerry Hadley-Pryce, Liam Brown and Bryan Cade.
UK Programme Action Committee Meeting