These can be made into cushions or mats. Patterned and fleece fabrics are ideal.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric 36-40cms square (Back piece need to be a fabric that will not slip when on the persons lap).
- Firmly attach a variety of items to the front piece of fabric using machine or hand stitching i.e. zip, beads, bows and ribbons.
- A pocket can be sewn onto the front piece to allow a personal photo to be placed inside or special item.
- Make up cushion / mat by placing right sides together. Sew 1cm in from edges leaving a gap to turn through.
- Turn through to right side and press lightly with an iron.
- Fill cushion with synthetic wadding or mat with a piece of flat wadding.
- Hand sew gap in cushion/mat by slip stitching.