About our Club
Soroptimist International of Ellesmere Port & District was founded in 1943 and is one of eighteen clubs in the Soroptimist Region of Cheshire, North Wales & Wirral.
We meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm at:
The Holiday Inn
Lower Mersey Street
On the first Thursday we hold a business meeting and on the 3rd Thursday the members enjoy a meal together followed by a speaker on a subject which may be connected with our programme work, or of more general interest.
As well as our regular meetings we hold some additional meetings and functions connected with our projects and charity interests and social events such as our charter lunch and Christmas party. (See Diary of Events)
We currently have 22 members, who come mainly from in and around Ellesmere Port, although some are from Chester and the borders of North Wales.
Our Club has friendship links with overseas clubs:
SI Columbo – Sri Lanka
SI Maseno – Kenya
SI Moreton North – Australia
WHY SHOULD I JOIN SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL?
You will become part of the world’s premier international women’s organisation, focused exclusively on building a better world for women and girls.
You will be able to:
- Undertake local, national and international projects to benefit women and girls
- Enjoy service, friendship and fun with like minded women in your area
- Lobby, influence and make a difference for women at home and abroad
- Expand your business and professional networks both locally and further afield
- Meet women from different countries and cultures
- Attend international and national conferences
- Attend meetings in 125 countries when you travel for business or leisure
- Benefit from home hospitality when you visit other countries
Your subscription will give you access to:
- A worldwide network of business and professional women
- Members only databases and websites
- Two high quality magazines – both received regularly throughout the year
- Reduced price travel, insurance and service offers
- Residential club in London at highly competitive rates
- Workshops and a range of opportunities to develop leadership and other personal skills
Soroptimist International is a vibrant, dynamic organisation for today’s professional and business women. We are committed to a world where women and girls together achieve their individual and collective potential, realise aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong, peaceful communities worldwide.
Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls through a global network of members and international partnerships.
- Human rights for all
- Global peace and international goodwill
- Advancing women’s potential
- Integrity and democratic decision making
- Volunteering, diversity and friendship
If you would like to get to know us why not come along to one of our Speaker Meetings?
For further information please contact us using the Contact Us form.