Soroptimist International of Ilkley
Minutes of the meeting chaired by Janet Munro and held on Zoom, Thursday 9 March 2023
- Apologies: Lynne, Janet R, Felicite’
- Bake Off: this event has been cancelled
- Carnival: helpers needed for 1 May- Sue, Janet, Brenda, Felicite, Joy, Rosemary as possible volunteers, other names to Joy if you can help.
- Craft materials: are needed for the RCM at Askham Grange Open Prison. Angela can advise on the range of materials needed.
- The Regional PAC: is having a collection of Sanitary Products to be sent to Ukraine. If you can provide a donation of these products, please bring them to the next Speaker Meeting on 23 February.
- The Yorkshire Region: is arranging a beach litter pick in Scarborough on Thursday 8 June. The Ilkley Business Meeting will be moved to June 22nd and there will be no meeting on 8 June, so members can participate in the Regional event(more details later).
- Garden Wander 1 July 2023:. Arrangements are in hand and it was agreed the event would beheld in aid of Zarach, the Leeds based charity that provides beds and bedding for children. Jenny is organizing the printing of tickets, posters and a garden quiz. Three more gardens are needed in BenRhydding and Libby may have a contact?
- The daffodils planted last October are coming into bloom. A photo of them: in the press would also link to the coming Garden Wander. Brenda requested a photo be sent to Boston Bulbs the supplier where Brenda has a contact.
- Secretary’s Business: There are 4 tickets available for the Ilkley Pride Event on 4 July. Please see Jo for more information.
- Beneden Maas : Lynne, Jenny and Jo are attending. It was agreed to send 100 euros for tree planting or other charity work. This may be in liaison with Pendleside which also has a Friendship link with Beneden Maas.