President’s Welcome Page April 2017
As we begin this new Soroptimist year, my hopes are that we continue to work together in the spirit of friendship, helping women and girls locally, nationally and internationally.
We will be supporting :-
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- YMCA – Local housing and support for young homeless
- Breastcare Now
- Nepal Project – Educate to Lead, the project nominated by the International President for a two year term
- Meru Garden Project – chosen by our Federation for a four year term
- Talking Newspapers – the local provision headed by John May MBE
- Girl Guides – particularly one local pack of Brownies
- Victims of Domestic Violence – through Pathway and Salvation Army Birmingham
- Kori Project – books, dresses and bras in partnership with SI ThamesValley
My theme for the year will be “Investing in Young People”. I have prepared a printed copy of the programme for the year for each of the members.
We will be working together on local national and international projects, whilst not forgetting to maintain a spirit of harmony among members, ensuring that new members are made welcome and feel included.
We will be busy, but remember, we ARE a voluntary organisation, and must enjoy ourselves too! If you feel concerned about any issue, please discuss your concerns with me, or a member of the Executive Committee. I am aware that we cannot please all of the people all of the time, but can at least work in a democratic and happy atmosphere if we all pull together.
I wish us all a successful and enjoyable year.