Welcome to SI Maidstone
Welcome to the Maidstone club website. We hope you enjoy reading it.
It is with great pleasure and gratitude that I thank every club member for bestowing on me the honour of becoming President of SI Maidstone. I am truly honoured and humbled.
I remember my first days as a Soroptimist, I was very scared and very sceptical – thinking what I had got myself into? I did not understand what this was all about but hearing talks about woman and girls that really whet my appetite and I wanted to be involved.
I have been very hesitant to take on this role, but in the end, I had trust and was sure that it was going to be ok. In my head I was just thinking that if only I can achieve just a fraction of what the previous presidents or my fellow sisters had achieved or done then I will have succeeded.
I am very passionate about recruitment of new members, please come and meet us to find out more. Look at the ‘Posts’ section on the website to see what we have been doing. We look forward to meeting you.
We meet on the third Tuesday every month, we meet at 6.30 for 7pm at the Cobtree Manor Golf Club.
Please see our ‘posts’ on the section Recent News and Events to see the wide range of our activities.
If you would like to find out more about our club or would like to join us, please use the ‘contact us’ option.
Who we are – We are a movement for working professional and business women who gather together to give service to others.
- At club level to provide support and friendship
- At local level to serve where clubs join together to serve the community where the club is based
- At Regional level where clubs join together to serve a much larger community
- At Federation level, where clubs in many countries join together in addressing larger issues
- At International level where all Soroptimist clubs in the world work for Human rights for all, Equality, Development and Peace through International Goodwill and Understanding and Friendship
Soroptimist International is about women working together for others, to make a difference.
Our members are working and retired women; artists, doctors, researchers, marketing, librarians, voluntary workers, bankers – they are from all walks of life.
Why join this world wide organisation?
- Perhaps you want to meet women from different walks of life with different skills?
- Work takes up a great deal of our time and you want to experience a wider world?
- Maybe you feel that you would like to put some thing back into your community, but don’t know where to start.
Could you be one of them?