24 April 2020
17 April 2020
SIGBI WEBSITE UPDATE – We are delighted to announce that the SIGBI Website is now live again, and Club Editors can check the content and make updates. If you do have any support queries please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Club Editor User Guide has been revised since the first one was sent out. We do encourage you always to refer to the latest version by following the link below rather than your hard copy:
- Club Editor User Guide: https://sigbi.org/members/files/club-editors-user-guide-2020.pdf
CLUB WEBSITE MAINTENANCE INVOICES – We appreciate the patience that Clubs have shown during the issues experienced with the website, and know that many Clubs have been frustrated at not being able to update their websites especially during the current situation where keeping in touch with members and the community is even more important. We hope that you are now able to use your website for your important communications, but in appreciation of the fact that they have been unable for some time, we are discounting the invoices which will be sent out between April 2020 and March 2021 by 40%. Full details are given in the letter below:
- Letter re discount on Club Websites: https://sigbi.org/members/files/Isobel-Smith-Letter-re-Club-Website-17-April-2020.pdf
CLUB BALLOTS FOR FEDERATION NOMINATIONS – Ballots are being sent to Clubs this week or early next week for 8 Federation Nominations. Details of the candidates are on the SIGBI Website. Please note the closing date for all ballots is 30 June 2020, so please ensure you return your ballot to firstname.lastname@example.org before that date:
- Federation Vacancies page in Members’ area of website: https://sigbi.org/members/opportunities/federation-vacancies/
3 April 2020
LETTER FROM RUTH HEALEY, DIRECTOR OF FINANCE – The Annual Returns were sent to UK and ROI Clubs on 1 April 2020. If you have not received yours please contact email@example.com. In these uncertain times, information is changing daily and new decisions are being made to accommodate this.
SIGBI Finance Director, Ruth Healey has written a letter to Clubs explaining the various steps the Board are taking to try to help our Members.
- Letter from Director of Finance, Ruth Healey: https://sigbi.org/email/SIGBI-Director-of-Finance-Letter-to-Clubs-1-April-2020.pdf
Please note that staff are collecting post from the office once a fortnight, but our preferred method of payment at the moment is bank transfer rather than cheque. Bank Details were included in the Annual Returns letter for SIGBI Ltd. The same account should be used for donations.
Invoices include SIGBI Trading Ltd bank account details.
If you can only pay by cheque then it is fine to send cheques to SIGBI HQ, but they may take longer to clear than usual.
SIGBI WEBSITE UPDATE – The new SIGBI Website needs some testing prior to its re-launch. You are invited to check your website to see if any pages are missing, and to start to make updates commencing Saturday 4 April 2020, with final updates allowed on Thursday 9 April 2020. The Club Editors’ User Guide was sent to you as an attachment previously.
Note the following:
- Your current login details will work for you to access your dashboard. If you rely on Google to save your login details and do not know what your password is, you will be able to request a new one by clicking the “lost your password?” link underneath the login prompt.
- Use the link https://sigbi.org/wp-admin/ and enter your login details. To view your website from the front end, go to https://sigbi.org/who-we-are/our-clubs/ and click on your club name from the list.
- If you have any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (you will not get a response until Monday).
- You may find that some pages are missing. If so, and you have the content that should be on that page saved as a Word document, then please send it to email@example.com. The content will be uploaded for you.
- Small amendments to text should be made by you.
After Thursday, please stop making any further amendments, as the site will be going live the following week. We will send an additional Club Mailing to advise when this will happen.
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY SOCIAL MEDIA STATS – Thank you to everyone who sent in their social media stats for their International Women’s Day Social Media messages, using the prepared messages from SIGBI. The stats are below:
- Facebook Reach: 5,136
- Facebook Engagement: 472
- Twitter Reach: 4045
- Twitter Engagement: 159