19 February 2021
SIGBI’S PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR CLUBS AND REGIONS – We are pleased to announce that we have negotiated new terms for the Public Liability Insurance, and it now covers Club and Region Regalia, so Clubs no longer need their own insurance for these. Please read Ruth Healey’s, Director of Finance, letter to Clubs regarding the Public Liability Insurance for full details:
- Director of Finance Letter to Clubs re Public Liability Insurance: https://sigbi.org/members/files/Letter-to-clubs-Director-of-Finance-PL-Insurance-19-February-2021.pdf
SIGBI’S CENTENARY PLANS 2021 – Please take note of the Centenary Plans items on page 1 of the SIGBI News Briefing, namely the Centenary Toolkit, House of Lords Reception, Tree Planting and WhoIsShe. We have included these in the SIGBI News Briefing as they are of interest to all members, but Club Executive need to ensure they read them so that they have the latest information. In particular, visit the Tree Planting Map to see if your tree planting is included. If not, then complete the form below to add your details. Do share the map on social media, which will be updated at the end of each month:
- Tree Planting Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1pw7ACWpF6ToPgYlCJMcb2i5B-Y8kBAAh&ll=26.8554945010796%2C41.91908580000002&z=3
- Form to submit Tree Planting Data: https://sigbi.wufoo.com/forms/w1d02o87190yylb/
SAFEGUARDING VIDEO AND DOCUMENTATION – All the SIGBI Safeguarding Documentation has been updated, and a short video has been produced to explain the importance of Safeguarding. Regional Safeguarding Officers have been appointed to assist with any queries you may have, and there is a SIGBI Designated Safeguarding Officer. Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone, so please watch the video and have a look at the documentation to ensure you have all the latest information. Read the letter from Shirley Jones, SIGBI Designated Safeguarding Officer, first:
- Letter from Shirley Jones re Safeguarding: https://sigbi.org/members/files/Safeguarding-Shirley-Jones-Letter-to-Clubs-19-February-2021.pdf
- Safeguarding Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiXJVQSha9k
- Safeguarding Documentation (log into the members’ area before using the link): https://sigbi.org/members/gdprsafeguarding/
SIGBI WEBSITES CONTACT FORMS – We apologise to all Clubs and Website Editors, as the SIGBI Website stopped sending emails two weeks ago, and it has taken some time to find out the cause. This has affected the Contact Us forms and also resetting of passwords for new Editors and Editors who have lost their passwords. It appears that the mailbox that was being used has been blocked by Amazon because of the volume of mails being sent. We have set up a new mailbox and just need the emails to be reassigned to be sent from it, which we hope will be done next week. The advantage of the new mailbox will be that we will not need to rely on Amazon to unblock it should the same thing happen again in the future, so it can be resolved quicker. Thank you for your patience, and we will post in the Communications Facebook Group when emails when the issue has been resolved.
- There are several ways to place an order with SIGBI Trading Ltd—online shop, order form and phoning SIGBI HQ with your order. However, we are finding that some members are placing the same order in two different ways, and their order is being dispatched twice. Please only place your order using ONE method.
If you have chosen to use the online shop but pay separately, simply quote the reference number given to you when sending your payment. Do not enclose another order form. Thank you for your assistance.
- Orders will be dispatched within two weeks of receipt, whichever method is chosen. Please be patient, but if you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 February 2021
There was no Club Mailing for Club Executive on 5 February 2021.