UKPAC Study Day—17 April and 2 July 2021
The UKPAC recordings and presentations are on the public UKPAC website.
This page is for items which UKPAC are promoting to members only. For UKPAC information and projects go to www.sigbi.org/ukpac/
The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill (PCSC), digital disclosure and impact on victims
Please read the letter below from Dame Vera Baird QC, Victims’ Commissioner for England and Wales and Member of SI Greater London, who is asking for UK Soroptimists’ help in lobbying for a change to the law. Accompanying documentation is also below:
- 2021-07-01 Letter from the Victims Commissioner to Soroptimist
- Template Letter re digital disclosure and impact on victims
- 2021-07-01 OVC Briefing PCSC Bill
- CWJ briefing on pre-charge bail.2.May2021
UKPAC Working Arrangements since COVID-19
The meetings of UKPAC have been held online since the pandemic . Rather than have a whole day the meeting has been split into two.
One meeting concentrates on the officers Reports and business of the committee. There are three subgroups of the committee which also report.
The groups are Modern Day Slavery, Prison Reform Trust and a group co-ordinating the project on Special Domestic Violence Courts, which was initially started in the Northern England Region and is now being undertaken by clubs across the country. We are also trying to develop a project around recycling to feed into the COP26 meeting on climate change in Glasgow in 2021.
The second meeting is reports from Regional PAC officers and acts as an inspiration to clubs across the country.
The next meeting of the UKPAC is January 30 2021, 10-12am. It will be online and it is the turn of the Regional Officers to give their reports. Observers are welcome – please contact the secretary email@example.com
March 2021 Meeting
- Minutes of UKPAC Meeting held on Saturday 27 March 2021
- UKPAC March 2021 Chairman Report
- Hon Secretary Report-UKPAC March 2021
- UK PAC Treasurer Report 22nd Mar 2021
- Report – UKPAC Communication Officer – MARCH2021
- Report for 6O feb 2021
January 2021 Meeting
November 2020 Meeting
- UKPAC Chairman’s Report Nov 2020
- UKPAC Secretary’s Report Nov 2020
- UK PAC Treasurer’s Report Nov 2020
- UKPAC Communication Officer’s Report Nov 2020
- UKPAC Modern Day Slavery Report Nov 2020
- Specialist Domestic Violence Courts Project Report Nov 2020
- Report re Prison Reform Group Nov 2020
- Update from Katy Swaine Williams Prison Reform Trust Nov 2020
- Update from Recycling Group Nov 2020
August 2020 Meeting
June 2020 Meeting
Minutes from other Organisations attended by UKPAC Representatives
Reports from the 6 ‘O’ meeting February 2021
6’0′ is a group comprising the six leading women’s organisations in the UK. These are SIGBI (represented by UKPAC), BFWG -The British Federation of Women Graduates, BPW -Business and Professional Women, NCW -National Council of Women, NFWI – National Federation of Women’s Institutes, and TG -Townswomen’s Guild. The leaders of these organisations meet twice a year to share their programmes, discuss issues of mutual interest and decide if they can make joint actions to improve the lives of women and girls. The latest meeting was on February 9 2021. The reports from the organisations are below. The minutes will be published when available.
- Business and Professional Women Report January 2021
- British Federation of Women Graduates Report February 2021
- National Council of Women Report February 21
- National Federation of Women’s Institutes Report February 2021
- Townswomen’s Guide report February 2021
- UKPAC Report February 2021
- Women Empowering Principles Report February 2021