Programme Action 2015-19
Programme Action is at the heart of all Soroptimist clubs. Individual clubs work towards the following aims
Programme Focus 2015-2019
Goal 1: Soroptimist International will be a global voice for women and girls Objectives:
- Increase Soroptimist advocacy at the global level
- Increase the international visibility and profile of Soroptimist International
Goal 2: The Soroptimist federations will be linked in their efforts to improve the lives of women and girls through education, empowerment and enabling opportunities.
2015-2019 Soroptimist Programme Focus:
- Elimination of violence
- Economic empowerment
- Food security
- Environmental sustainability/water and sanitation
- Conflict resolution/peace promotion
- Disaster mitigation and relief
By working towards these goals and submitting reports on that work we maintain our consultative status with the United Nations.
Clubs in the Midland Arden Region also join together to contribute to specific projects or activities.
- Blanket knitting and collection of tights for the Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia fistulacare.org
- Collection of jewellery, currency and coins, stamps, mobile phones and gadgets for the Diamond Education Fund, a Soroptimist charity which give grants to women wanting to further their education.