Welcome to SI Staffordshire Moorlands
Our Club and what we do
We are a small club of 16 members with a varied background of experience and interests in work and life. One thing we share are the Soroptimist values and objectives. Our members have diverse work backgrounds including in pharmacy, education, banking, catering, business, and the equality sector. We are a friendly group and welcome visitors and new members. So, why not join us for an event and find out more about us. It’s an opportunity to make friends and to have fun while we work together to make a difference to the lives of girls and women and their families both here and abroad. To contact the Club directly email Anne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our club meets at 7 pm on the 2nd Monday of the month, usually at Leek Fire Station, Springfield Road ST13 6LQ. We discuss and plan our social and action programmes for example:
- supporting the women’s refuge with emergency toiletry bags and nightwear, Christmas presents and Easter eggs.
- providing knitted teddy bears for fire fighters to give to traumatised children
- providing wells and lavatories for families without running water or sanitary facilities in Cambodia
- contributing to the coat appeal for Chernobyl survivors
- providing bicycles and sewing machines to women in Malawi to enable them to be self-sufficient by starting up in business
- Operation Christmas Child: a shoe box project for children in Eastern Europe
- Mary’s meals: small haversacks for children in Africa containing everything they need for school
Our projects and initiatives are serious, but we have fun working together and we join in with activities at national and regional level. Our Club has friendship links with individual SIGBI clubs, for example, Cremona in Italy and more locally with Halifax and Buxton.
2018 was our 35th Anniversary. Join us and make a difference to people with difficult lives.