Club workplan 2016-17
Service is the ‘heartbeat’ of Soroptimism. Each year clubs try to focus on activities that will meet the common objective of Soroptimist International where women can contribute to strong, peaceful communities worldwide.(www.soroptimistinternational.org )
Days to celebrate
- Fairtrade Fortnight, 24th February – 9th March.
- International Women’s Day, 8th March.
- World Water Day, 22nd March.
- World Toilet Day, 19th November.
- Anti-Slavery Day, 2nd December.
- International Literacy Day, 8th September. Annual contribution through our Book Club.
- International Day of Peace, 21st September. Candles to be lit in several churches.
- Human Rights Day, 10th December. To support SI President’s appeal “Educate to lead Nepal” helping women and children following the devastating earthquake.
- Backpacks for Mary’s Meals
- Kori Development Project. To make items for women to contribute to SI Thames Valley work.
- Meru Women’s Garden Project. Launched in May 2016, a three year project to educate women to use the most effective organic methods of food production. To Enable women to create an income through growing and selling crops and to empower women through education to find a voice in their community. meruwomen.org
- Nicol Unit garden, Stratford Hospital. Continue to maintain.
- Shakespeare Hospice. Continue to support through awareness and fundraising
- Shakespeare Marathon, 24th April. To man a water station in aid of Shakespeare Hospice.
- Springfield MIND. To maintain links.
- Operation Christmas Child. To supply gift-filled shoeboxes.
- DataLink. To continue to support the Stratford Lions’ activities.