Bedford Soroptimist International Club – Welcome !
Bedford Soroptimist Club – Welcome!
We meet on the 3rd Monday of the month (except on Bank Holidays and during August)
at St Andrew’s Centre, Kimbolton Road, Bedford, MK40 2PF
Pre Meetings for members to deal with the running of the club start at 6 30.
All members welcome.
Main Club meetings – 7pm to 9pm
Next Meeting : Monday 19th November
6 30 pre meeting Holt Room St Andrews Church Centre,
7 – 9 Main Club Meeting Holt Room St Andrews
We will be packing Christmas Shoes boxes
Feedback from Liverpool Conference
Monday 3 December Meeting – at Joan’s house in Bedford
12 Midday for 12 30pm Fork Lunch
Collection (optional) money or goods for the Refuge
Soroptimist International is a truly International Organisation operating in 130 countries:
- We work to support women and girls at International, national and local level
- Working at the local level allows us autonomy over what we support and the ability to see and adjust the impact of our choices
Some of the activities of Bedford Soroptimists include:
- Discussion and debate about a wide variety of topics of local, national and international importance such as concerns related to violence against women, educational opportunity and the well-being of children and aging
- Taking up matters at a local level e.g. lobbying MPs on issues of importance
- Raising money for local, national and international charities
- Running a housing scheme for women of limited means
- Continuing our friendship links with other clubs including in the West Indies
- Having fun – with food, friendship and outings