Welcome to the Bedford Club
We meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (except on Bank Holidays and during August)
at St Andrew’s Church Hall, Kimbolton Road, Bedford. MK40 2PF
Meetings start at 7 30pm
Soroptimist International is a truly International Organisation operating in 130 countries.
This gives us the opportunity to support women and girls in many diverse and valuable ways at International level but also, because of the structure of SI, at the national and local level.
Indeed, operating at the local level has some added advantages in that ordinary members can make decisions about what we do and we can see in a very direct way the value of what we do.
Some of the activities of Bedford Soroptimists include:
- Discussion and debate about a wide variety of topics of local, national and international importance such as concerns related to aging, violence against women, educational opportunity and the well-being of children
- Taking up matters at a local level e.g. lobbying MPs on issues of importance
- Raising money for local, national and international charities
- Running a housing scheme for women of limited means
- Continuing our friendship links with clubs in Australia, Germany, Holland, US and the West Indies
- Having fun – with food, friendship and outings