Welcome to SI Stafford
What is Soroptimist International (SI)?
Soroptimist International is the world’s leading womens’ voluntary organisation with close to 90,000 members in more than 3,000 local Clubs in over 100 countries.
Soroptimists focus on transforming the lives of women and girls, locally, nationally and globally, through education, empowerment and enabling.
SI has consultative status at the United Nations and is a recognised Non-Governmental Organisation representing women from all over the world.
What’s a Stafford Soroptimist?
Our Stafford Club was established 75 years ago and our members reflect a variety of professions and skills. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Moat House Hotel, Acton Trussell, Stafford, ST17 0RJ.
As a modern Club, our aim is to encourage members to utilise their skills and talents to help others. At the heart of it is a strong commitment towards Sharing, Team Motivation and Fun, whilst participating in SI Project Work.
- Staffordshire Women’s Aid – supporting victims of domestic violence
- Stafford Multiple Sclerosis Support Group – raising funds for their charity
- Educating Girls in Pakistan – highlighting and supporting inequality in education
- Purple Teardrop & Dalit Freedom Network – campaigning against human trafficking internationally
- Maternal Childbirth Advocacy International – providing maternal & child healthcare in The Gambia
- And Many More…..
We have diverse and stimulating local and national speakers and our social calendar keeps us busy:
- Visiting the Houses of Parliament
- Theatre performances
- 60s Disco, Burns & Quiz nights
- Soroptimist Conferences
- International Friendship links and visits
Want to Learn More?
Should you wish to find out more or would like to come along to a meeting we would be delighted to welcome you. Please click the link “How to become a Stafford Soroptimist” on the left navigation panel, to find out more.
We firmly believe that Soroptimism has much to offer any woman who wishes to join an organisation which focuses on womens’ issues; that supports local, national and international projects; that raises funds – and does all this in a fun way, amongst members who rapidly become good friends.
Women inspiring action, transforming lives