About our Region
Welcome to the Region of Soroptimist International of Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland is a country within the United Kingdom lying in the north east of the island of Ireland. It covers 5,459 sq miles (14,139sq metres) – about a sixth of the island’s total area. It shares a border with the Republic of Ireland to the south and west. Its population is approximately 1.86 million – about 3% of the population of the United Kingdom. Northern Ireland consists of six of the nine counties of the historic Irish province of Ulster.
Soroptimist International of Northern Ireland has 11 Clubs in its region. These include:- Ballymena, Ballymoney, Bangor, Belfast, Downpatrick, Dungannon, Enniskillen, Lisburn, Londonderry, Lurgan, and Newry and Mourne.
THE REGIONAL EXECUTIVE TEAM INCLUDES:
- President: Mary McKinney MBE
- President Elect: Joanne Harris
- Vice President:
- Immediate Past President: Alice Chapman OBE
- Honorary Secretary: Jane Hendrick
- Honorary Treasurer: Ann Adams
- Extension & Membership Officer: Karen Elliott
- Programme Action Chair: Patricia Kerr
- Federation Councillor: Kate Courtney
- Development Officer: Sharon McCaffrey
IMPORTANT REGIONAL DATES 2016-2017
- 24 September 2016: Regional Meeting, Bangor Abbey Church Hall, Bangor
- 10 – 12 November 2016; SIGBI Federation Conference, Hilton Malta Conference Centre, Malta
- 3 December 2016: Regional Meeting: 1.30 p.m. Maguiresbridge, Co Fermanagh
- 21 January 2017: Regional President’s Lunch, 10.00 a.m. – 3.30 p.m., St Columb’s Park House, Limavady Road, Londonderry
- 4 February 2017: NI Public Speaking Finals, Hillsborough
- 11 March 2017: Regional Meeting, Eglinton
- 19 – 21 May 2017: North/South Conference, City Hotel, Derry