With the vision and financial support of founder members in 1956 a building fund was started to provide our own club-room. Adjoining properties in Otley Street were bought and re-designed by founder member Mary Wales who was one of the first female Architects. The building was to include a ground floor club-room and two first floor residential flats. The first meeting in our club-room was held on 3rd October 1967 exactly 18 years after the first club meeting.
The facilities include:
- ground floor meeting room to accommodate up to 60 theatre style but the flexibility of the room can be adapted to most individual needs;
- a full kitchen facility including cooker, microwave, fridge, water heater, crockery and cutlery. Tablecloths, tea towels and cleaning materials are available and are included the cost of hire;
- two toilets, one specifically designed for the use of disabled visitors;
- an induction loop system;
- paved patio area.
Our club-room continues to be our own meeting venue but has also evolved into a reasonably priced and valued community resource. It is used by many local organisations and groups for meetings, training and social gatherings.
For information on availability and charges please use our Contact Us page.