View information below regarding the Soroptimist International Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI) appeals.
Soroptimist International Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI) Appeals
Please click one of the links below to find out more about the SIGBI Appeal:
- Benevolent Fund – funding for Soroptimists who are experiencing financial difficulties
- Diamond Education Grant – funding for female students to help with cost of courses and books/equipment
- Emergency Relief Fund – provides immediate aid to countries which experience nature disasters (eg earthquakes and flooding)
Gift Aid it
If you make a personal donation via PayPal using the panel at the LH side, why not complete a gift aid form, below, to enhance your donation:
Please note that the Benevolent Fund is a charity set up to help Members, and donations are therefore only invited from Members. More information about the Benevolent Fund can be found on the Members’ area of this website. Non-Members can donate to the Diamond Education Grant or Emergency Relief Fund, but you need to be a UK tax-payer in order for us to be able to reclaim gift-aid on your donation. You also need to be paying the amount in tax that ALL the charities you have gift-aided will be reclaiming.
International President’s Appeal 2021-2023 – Opening Doors to a Bright Future
Soroptimist International President Elect, Maureen Maguire, who will become SI President in January 2022, is delighted to launch her International President’s Appeal, “Opening Doors to a Bright Future”.
The objectives of this appeal are to:
- Provide access to education in all its forms for disadvantaged and marginalised women and girls.
- Provide education to women and girls in a safe, friendly, and stimulating environment where there is equality of opportunity and support for all.
- Develop mentoring programmes that encourage confidence, self-esteem and increase the participation of women and girls in society and in decision-making.
- Increase access to information, educational resources, and services, to empower women and girls to make informed life-choices.
Projects will be established in all five Soroptimist Federations, with the launch project being in Cambodia, SI South West Pacific.
Read full details of the Appeal below:
- International President’s Appeal 2021-2022 “Opening Doors to a Bright Future” – launches 1 October 2021
You can read further information on the appeal here https://www.soroptimistinternational.org/openingdoors/ Member donations to Opening Doors to a Brighter Future will be transferred to Soroptimist International Foundation (registered in England and Wales 1194895) which has been set up to maximise opportunities for SI’s work around the world.