About our Club
Aylesbury and District was chartered in 1958. Our members are drawn from a variety of professions, voluntary and other organisations. We give service in the community and share friendship and fun.
We meet once a month in Aylesbury, usually at the Town Hall in Church Street from 7.30 pm. Generally we have a speaker followed by a business meeting for about 45 minutes, ending at about 9.30 pm. We also have a lively programme of social, service and fundraising events.
Are you a woman who wants to make a difference? Soroptimists are………….
Soroptimist International is a global women’s organisation with Clubs all over the world. Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls. The local Soroptimist Club ‘Aylesbury and District’ has a lively and diverse group of about 20 women members from Aylesbury and the surrounding areas. The work of the Club is local, national and global. We apply the 3Es –Educate Empower Enable which include fundraising and campaigning activities.
- Are you looking for a club which acts locally and thinks globally?
- Do you want to meet women from different walks of life?
- Would you like to find out more about human rights issues affecting women and children?
Then perhaps Soroptimist international is for you.
What is Soroptimist International?
- A non-governmental organisation with direct access to the United Nations
- Over 3,000 clubs in more than 120 countries working together to make a difference
- Soroptimists are women – teachers, artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, voluntary workers, accountants…. working, retired, in training or taking a career break – of all ages, cultures and ethnic groups.
You could be a Soroptimist…..
Members of Soroptimist International Aylesbury & District are from Aylesbury and the surrounding areas from Wendover to Buckingham and from Wing to Haddenham.
For details of the club programme, where we meet and when click please on Club Programme of Events on the left of the screen.
The Club supports local charities such as the Aylesbury Women’s Refuge and Contact the Elderly, as well as national and international charities such as Target Ovarian Cancer, Endometriosis UK and Wateraid..
Soroptimists are always delighted to welcome new members and guests. For more information please use the contact us form on the left of the screen.