Programme Action, our work and projects, is the cornerstone of Soroptimist International (SI)
Our work includes:
- Raising awareness of trafficking, violence against women, FGM and prison reform
- Locally we support St Gemma’s Hospice, St George’s Crypt, William Merritt Disabled Living Centre and Pinderfields Hospital Dementia Unit, The Joanna Project and Inkwell Arts.
- Together with the other 21 SI clubs in Yorkshire we support the Meru Women’s Garden Project in Kenya
- We also support Water Aid and Fair Trade
- Promoting healthy and safe relationships through initiatives at Freshers’ Fairs and primary schools.