SIGBI is a company limited by guarantee and registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales. Our charitable objects are to promote either directly or by the encouragement and support of others, including clubs:
- the advancement of education;
- the advancement of health and saving lives;
- the relief and/or prevention of poverty;
- the advancement of good citizenship and community development;
- the advancement of equality and diversity;
- the advancement of human rights throughout the world;
for the benefit of the public and in particular for the benefit of women and girls to advance their status, position and role in society where currently unequal or disadvantaged.
In order to succeed we will demonstrate (Based on the Charity Commission’s Code):
- Organisational purpose;
In order to guide our behaviour and activities we will observe and apply the principles enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and, in particular, the Convention to End all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the Beijing Platform for Action plus the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
In order to succeed in these endeavours we will:
- Treat all with dignity and respect;
- Be non-sectarian;
- Not have any party political affiliation;
- Work with all who share our objectives.
For further information or advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see all of Soroptimist International’s “Where We Stand” statements on the SI Website.