This caught our eye…
- Corner House Woking – a charity offering emotional and wellbeing support in Woking, Runnymede and Spelthorne. Groups support people aged 18+ dealing with mental health issues including:Depression & postnatal depression, Anxiety,, Carers support groups,Eating disorders, Social isolation
- The Cedar House support Group – www.cedarhousesupportgroup.com and www.postnataldepression.com – embracing support for postnatal depression – affects many new mothers and some fathers. Surrey-based charity
- Inspiring the Future: Connecting schools and colleges with volunteers from the world of work – includes report of research commissioned by L’Oreal: More female role models needed as over half of older teens ready to rule out a career in science (May 2017)
- Woking Town Twinning Association – WTTA: does a great deal to cement good relations with Woking’s Twin Towns. A fine recent example is the Dragon Boat Fun Race to raise money for the Hospices – A dragonboat team came from twin town Amstelveen to take part. They won, and contributed well over £500 to the Hospices.
- www.grandmothers4.com: find out how grandmothers are helping grandmothers who are having to look after their grandchildren orphaned by AIDS.
- Woking Food Bank – does a great job collecting food to people in need. Look out for collection days at local supermarkets or take items to the Lighthouse building in the centre of Woking