This caught our eye…
- Woking Mind: “We are Woking Mind, your local mental health charity. We believe no-one should face a mental health problem alone, so we are here for support and advice” One of the essential services for local residents.
- Plant Heritage – The world’s leading cultivated plant conservation charity. Does tremendous work to help preserve a wide variety of plant collections. Donations needed to support the work and more keen gardeners to look after special plants to ensure their future.
- The Cedar House support Group – www.cedarhousesupportgroup.com and www.postnataldepression.com – embracing support for postnatal depression – affects many new mothers and some fathers. Surrey-based charity
- Inspiring the Future: Connecting schools and colleges with volunteers from the world of work – includes report of research commissioned by L’Oreal: More female role models needed as over half of older teens ready to rule out a career in science (May 2017)
- Woking Town Twinning Association – WTTA: does a great deal to cement good relations with Woking’s Twin Towns in France, Germany and the Netherlands..
- www.grandmothers4.com: find out how grandmothers are helping grandmothers who are having to look after their grandchildren orphaned by AIDS.
- Woking Food Bank – does a great job collecting food to people in need. Look out for collection days at local supermarkets or take items to the Lighthouse building in the centre of Woking