We call our voluntary work “Programme Action”. Programme Action is the reason for being a Soroptimist. It reflects the Vision and the Mission of Soroptimist International.
Our members work to the goals and objectives agreed by all parts of Soroptimist International (SI), these goals and objectives are called our ‘Programme Focus’ and they provide the structure, or ‘focus’ of all our project work.
Programme Goals and Objectives:
Goal 1: Soroptimist International will improve the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment or enabling opportunities – the 3 E’s.
- Increase access to formal and non-formal leaning opportunities.
- Improve access to economic empowerment and sustainable opportunities for the employment of women.
- Eliminate violence against women and girls and ensure women’s participation in conflict resolution.
- Ensure women and girls have food security and access to the highest attainable standard of health care.
- Address the specific needs of women and girls by improving environmental security, and mitigating effects of climate change and disasters.
Goal 2: Soroptimist International will be a global voice for increasing access to education and leadership for women and girls.
- Strengthen and increase Soroptimist International’s presence as an advocate at all levels.
- Intensify activities and partnerships that raise the international profile and visibility of Soroptimist International.
- Ensure that the foundation of Soroptimist International’s global advocacy is local and global project activity.
In short we are women working for women!