Read International President, Sharon Fisher’s greetings below, and view the videos sent to the Conference by the four Federation Presidents:
International President, Sharon Fisher
Thank you for your invitation to Believe to Achieve! I look forward to a virtual visit to Llandudno, Wales! It is an honor to bring greetings on behalf of our global membership.
Sharing what we have learned on the Road to Equality, our virtual road trip has expanded our commitment to gender equality and human rights. Believe to Achieve are the perfect words for:
- migrant women finding a pathway to citizenship in a new country
- educating communities to understand FGM is a harmful practice
- convincing parents that early marriage is an act of violence against their daughters
- learning how to help women and girls escape or avoid violence either from a friend or family member
- women & girls becoming victims of trafficking
- believing that older women must be safe from abuse and neglect
As we come to the end of 100 years of transforming the lives of women and girls, it has truly been a memorable time celebrating our Bright Past.
Let us BELIEVE WE CAN ACHIEVE our vision of a gender equal future for women and girls!
SI Africa President, Connie Mutunhu
SI Americas President, Kazuko Morita
SI Europe President, Carolien Demey
SI South West Pacific President, Suman Lal