Club Members support Programme Action in the following areas:
- International Goodwill and Understanding, Human Rights and the Status of Women
- Environment, Economic and Social Development
Current Programme Action
Individual members of SI Stockton-on-Tees give their time voluntarily to a number of health related organisations and charities. These include:
- North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Hospital Users Group – individual members have visited wards and departments to see first hand how the Trust is providing care. Reports are made to the Trust Board, complimenting standards of excellence and good practice with recommendations for change, where necessary. A specific report on the care of older people in our area was compiled and submitted to SIGBI.
- Butterwick and Teesside Hospice – members volunteer at the Hospices, giving their time to provide reading materials, complementary therapies and fund raising.
- Stockton Physically Handicapped Club – members support the club in providing suppers and entertainment on a regular basis.
- Female Genital Mutilation – to help eliminate this practice the Club members have lobbied government and stakeholders, and provided leaflets.