Welcome to SI Bridgend and District
Soroptimist International of Bridgend was founded in 1947 as part of the International Organisation and has been active in the local community, region and globally since that time.
Soroptimist International is committed to a world where women and girls together achieve their individual and collective potential, realise aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong, peaceful communities worldwide.
Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls through a global network of members and international partnerships.
- Human Rights for all
- Global peace and international goodwill
- Advancing women’s potential
- Integrity and democratic decision making
- volunteering, diversity and friendship
- Soroptimist International will improve the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment or enabling opportunities.
- Soroptimist International will be a global voice for increasing access to education and leadership for women and girls.
The Bridgend Club has Friendship links with Soroptimist clubs in Uusikaupunki, Finland; Courtenay, British Columbia; Williamsburg, USA; Karachi in Pakistan and, most recently, Moreton North Inc, Queensland Australia. (for further details see Friendship links page)
Come and Join Us
All face-to-face meetings are currently suspended. We are, however, meeting via Zoom until we can resume our usual meetings. Guests are very welcome to join us (and when we resume at speaker and social evenings). Please contact the Secretary, Christine Phillips, on 01656 658678 or by email:- email@example.com for further details.
Our usual face-to-face meetings are on the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month.
Meetings are at the Heronston Hotel, Ewenny Road, Bridgend unless otherwise stated.