S.I. Hamilton supports a wide range of charities/organisations. Below is a list of links that we support.
- http://www.coveybefriending.org.uk/ Covey’s Vision – children , young pople and families receive the consistent, reliable, individual support to be able to deal positively with the life challenges. Covey’s Mission – We support children, young people and families on the life journey, bringing colour to their lives, while enabling them through strong relationship, to become more resilient and self aware; better equipped to reach their full potential. Covey Values Commitment – Giving of our best, Openness- Communicating authentically & truthfully,
- Respect – Valuing the individual, Innovation- Providing creative solutions, Passion – Caring deeply
Women’s Aid is the key national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. They support a network of over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the UK.
Erskine has provided nursing and medical care for former members of our Armed Forces through two world wars and the more recent conflicts and peace keeping initiatives of the twentieth and twenty first century
- http://www.lanrcc.org.uk/ Lanarkshire Rape Crisis Centre offers emotional and practical support to women, and girls over the age of 12 years old in relation to issues arising from all forms of sexual violence including rape, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse no matter when it happened.
- http://www.purpleteardrop.org.uk/ ‘Stop the Trafficking, Stop the Tears, Free Them from their Tormented Years’ are the poignant words written by a member of Soroptimist International at the outset of our campaign against human trafficking in 2008, and which are repeated in part alongside our purple teardrop icon now. The teardrop represents the suffering of those women and children who are trafficked, exploited and abused throughout the world, including in our local communities. Why purple? The Purple Teardrop Campaign is a Soroptimist International initiative and follows the work against human trafficking done by European and Northern England Soroptimists whose campaign colours and ribbons are purple.
- https://www.maggiescentres.org/ A diagnosis of cancer hits you like a punch in the stomach. Other diseases may be just as life threatening, but most patients know nothing about them. At Maggie’s you can talk to, and get support from, a range of professional people.Their Centres are staffed by Cancer Support Specialists, Benefits Advisors, Nutritionists and Psychologists who can support you in whichever way best suits your needs.