Are you a woman who wants to make a difference? Soroptimists are….
Soroptimist International is a global women’s organisation with Clubs all over the world. Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls. The local Soroptimist Club in Milford Haven has a lively and diverse group of about 25 women members from Milford Haven and the surrounding areas. The work of the Club is local, national and global. We apply the 3Es – Educate Empower Enable which include fundraising and campaigning activities.
- Are you looking for a club which acts locally and thinks globally?
- Do you want to meet women from different walks of life?
- Would you like to find out more about human rights issues affecting women and children?
Then perhaps Soroptimist international is for you.
What is Soroptimist International?
- A non-governmental organisation with direct access to the United Nations
- Over 66,000 club members in more than 120 countries working together to make a difference
- Soroptimists are women – teachers, artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, voluntary workers, accountants…. working, retired, in training or taking a career break – of all ages, cultures and ethnic groups.
You could be a Soroptimist…..
Members of Soroptimist International Milford Haven are from the town and the surrounding areas including Neyland, Llangwm, Burton, Houghton, St.Ishmael’s, Hakin and Steynton. The club supports charities locally (e.g. Paul Sartori Hospice at Home and Pembrokeshire Women’s Refuge), nationally (e.g. Breast Cancer Now and Age Cymru), and internationally (e.g. Lend with Care and the Morning Star Orphanage in Nepal).
Throughout the year we arrange and challenge speakers on local and national issues, and participate in activities so that we are “women inspiring action, transforming lives”. For details of the club programme, where we meet and when click please on Club Programme of Events on the left of the screen. We call our voluntary work “Programme Action”. Programme Action is the reason for being a Soroptimist. It reflects the Vision and the Mission of Soroptimist International.