Meetings & Events
Would you like to join us? We’d be delighted to welcome you at our next monthly meeting.
This is the list of our upcoming meetings (usually the 3rd Wednesday of the month, shown here in blue) and other events – please do get in touch or come along to join us for an evening!
- January 19th: Talk by Kay McCallum on nursing and working for the Samaritans.
- February 20th: Programme Action Evening: we will be celebrating our club achievements.
- March 20th: ‘A life in Sight’, speaker Anita Lightstone
- April 17th: This meeting will be our club AGM followed by a bring and share supper and socialising
- May 15th: Flexicare http://www.flexicare.org/ will be talking about their work providing free flexible babysitting for families with a disabled child.
- June 19th: Freedom From Torture: talk by Ann Gibson
- July 17th:
- August: No club meeting.
- September 18th: The Porch, talk by Kizzie Flynn-Jones
- October 16th: Kori Project: Johanna Raffan
- November 20th: Traditional Treasures, by Barry & Gill Goodman
- December 18th: Festive cheer, bring & share supper.
- January 15th: Egyptology, talk by Hana Navratilova
- February 19th: Programme Action Evening
- March 14th: Member evening, details to be confirmed
- April 15th: Club AGM, bring & share supper
Other important dates
- 11th October 2019: International Day of the Girl Child
- 12th October 2019: SILC Regional Meeting/Conference and AGM – 10am to 4pm at Lancaster Hall Hotel
- 24th to 26th October 2019: SIGBI 85th Federation Conference, Bournemouth
- 30th November 2019: SILC Region Meeting/Conference and Human Rights Celebration – 10am to 4pm. Lancaster Hall Hotel, 35 Craven Terrace, London W2 3EL.
- 14th March 2020: Region Meeting/Conference and International Women’s Day – 10am to 4pm, Lancaster Hall Hotel
- 13th June 2020: Regional Meeting/Conference Venue TBC
- 10th October 2020: AGM – 10am to 4pm, Lancaster Hall Hotel, 35 Craven Terrace, London W2 3EL