Meetings & Events
Would you like to join us? We’d be delighted to welcome you at our next monthly meeting.
This is the list of our upcoming meetings (usually the 3rd Wednesday of the month, shown here in blue) and other events – please do get in touch or come along to join us for an evening!
- June 2nd (Sat): Coffee morning (held in Summertown, Oxford) in aid of Meru Garden Project & Plan International. Contact Us for more details.
- June 20th: Sue Russell will be speaking about the Nasio Trust, a charity aiming to break the cycle of poverty in Kenya.
- July 6th (Fri): SIOD 60th Anniversary Evening reception at Oxford Townhall (6.30pm to 8pm)
- July 7th (Sat): SIOD 60th Anniversary Dinner at St Johns College, Oxford (from 7pm)
- July 18th: Maggie Pettifer will be talking to us about ovarian cancer and the charity Ovacome which supports woman with an ovarian cancer diagnosis
- August 15th: There will be no club meeting in August, instead we’ll have an evening garden party in Abingdon hosted by one of our members. Contact us if you would like more information.
- September 19th: Barry & Gill Goodman will be telling us about English Folk Dance & Music
- October 17th: Kay McCallum will be speaking about Nursing in Oxford Hospitals
- November 21st: We will be learning about Japanese cuisine from Sue Coles, including making our own sushi.
- December 19th: Festive Cheer: our annual bring and share Christmas party supper
- January 19th: Members evening – details to be advised
- February 20th: Programme Action Evening: we will be celebrating our club achievements, details to be advised.
- March 20th: ‘A life in Sight’, speaker Anita Lightstone
- April 17th: This meeting will be our club AGM followed by a bring and share supper and socialising
Other important dates
- June 16th 2018 (Sat): SILC Regional Meeting, Newbury
- 21st September 2018: International Day of Peace
- October 13th 2018 (Sat): SILC Regional Meeting, London
- October 25th to 27th 2018: SIGBI 84th Federation Conference, ACC, Liverpool
- December 8th 2019 (Sat) 2018: SILC Regional Meeting, location TBC
- March 9th 2019 (Sat): SILC Regional Meeting, London