Our Club was founded on 15 September 1951 as a daughter Club of the now extinct Exeter Club. Its first President was Mary Brannam.
In 1963/64 Marion Stallard was International President.
Vanessa Billing, Irene Hockin, Mary Passmore and Mary Stidworthy have all held significant posts in the South West and Channel Islands and/of Federation.
Permission was given by the Mayor and Town Council of Barnstaple for the club to use Castle Keep on its insignia (it also appears on the Mayors’ chain of office)
The remainder of the insignia includes the Soroptimist logo with the inscription Soroptimist Club of Barnstaple.