What is Soroptimist International?
Soroptimist International is a worldwide organisation for women working through service projects to advance human rights and the status of women.
The word “Soroptimist” comes from the Latin words “soror” meaning “sister” and “optima” meaning “best” and loosely translates as “best for women”.
Objects and Purpose of Soroptimisim
Soroptimist International, is a global voice for women through Awareness, Advocacy and Action and its objects shall be to strive for:
- The advancement and the status of women
- High ethical standards
- Human rights for all
- Equality, development and peace, through international goodwill, understanding and friendship.
Soroptimist International is committed to:
- Service to local, national and international communities
- Active participation in decision making at all levels of society.
- Working in partnership with the United Nations and its agencies, governments, other service organisations and charities.
To find out more about Soroptimist International visit: https://sigbi.org