We work locally and globally to improve the lives of women and children.
We support the International Project to Empower Girls in Nepal raising funds and raising awareness of what is being done to support these young women
We have a long standing relationship with local services for women who suffer domestic abuse – Cheshire Without Abuse offering practical support, campaigning to raise awareness and influence government policy and raising funds.
Local charities that we support include:
- A partnership initiative led by the council and local service providers to make Nantwich more dementia friendly, helping to run a dementia cafe, making twiddle muffs for care home residents and joining the local committee;
- the Nantwich Food Bank with food and financial donations ,
- the South Cheshire child contact centre, where we offer to supervise contact visits;
- Crewe Samaritans to raise awareness of women’s mental health issues and maternal suicide. We work with local mums’ support charity,
- Motherwell, to organise successful Women’s Days to celebrate International Women’s Day each year.
We choose other local charities to support throughout the year.
Alongside the Group projects, members are actively encouraged and supported in assisting charities that have a personal impact.