In the centenary year of the Soroptimist Movement and as part of our contribution to International Women’s Day 2021, SI Rossendale are looking to publicly recognise a woman who has made a difference to Rossendale women in 2021.
That’s why SI Rossendale Launches 2021 Rossendale Woman For Women Award. Read on to find out more.
For over 70 years, Soroptimists in the Rossendale Valley have been working to empower women and girls to achieve their true potential in education, employment and health. SI Rossendale want to publicly recognise a truly outstanding women who embodies these values and has made a real difference to Rossendale women in 2021. In conjunction with our friends at Rossendale Radio we are launching our search for the 2021 Rossendale Woman for Women on International Women’s Day, 8th March 2021.
All women who live or work in the Rossendale Valley are eligible to be nominated. Nominations will close on 12th April 2021 and the winner will be announced on Monday 3rd May. A joint panel from SI Rossendale and Rossendale Radio will consider the nominations and choose a winner who will receive a year’s honorary membership of SI Rossendale and flowers donated by our club president, Alison Driver. SI Rossendale and Rossendale Radio will celebrate and feature the work and achievements of our winner and nominees.
The award will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to women – How does the nominee contribute to the empowerment of women and girls in the Rossendale Valley?
- Service – How has she gone “above and beyond” any immediate job responsibilities to support issues affecting women and girls in the Valley in 2021?
- Volunteer – How has her volunteer activity made a positive impact to women and girls in the Valley?
- Overcoming Adversity – Has she been able to support women and girls with her work or volunteer activities despite having to overcome personal challenges or adversity?
- Role Model – Does she inspire women and girls to follow her lead or be positively influenced by her?
Each nominee will be expected to fulfil at least one of the criteria.
We would like to celebrate the work of as many amazing Rossendale women so if you would like to nominate a colleague, friend or family member for this award please complete our online form.
Contact SI Rossendale
If you’d like to join our group of women, raising money for charity and finding friendship, then get in touch with us.