Miss Addison Phillips was Head Mistress there (1908-1933) and founder President of our Venture Club (1920). We amalgamated with Soroptimists in 1930. The unveiling ceremony was to have taken place a year ago during the Club’s centenary but was thwarted by restrictions due to coronavirus. As it was, only three representatives from key organisations could attend.
The plaque was paid for by Soroptimist International of Bristol, Rotary Club of Bristol and Clifton High School. The Lord Lieutenant of Bristol Peaches Golding unveiled the plaque and then the Head Master of Clifton High School and representatives from these organisations gave short talks. Next time you pass the Clifton High School Administration building facing College Road, stop outside the railings and have a look at the plaque, which is to the left of the front door.
Present from SI Bristol were President Sue, Immediate Past President Marion and Head of Centenary Committee Maureen. From Rotary Club of Bristol were President Jane J and Past District Governor Ian B, from Clifton High School were Head Master Matthew B and Senior Master Manolis P, from Clifton High Alumni were Chair Mavis G, Treasurer Sara P and Vice Chair Maggie G and from the Civic Society (Gordon Y, Lori S and Graham E).