These drain bags are used by ladies who have had a mastectomy or other breast operations to hold drip bags .They can only be used once due to the risk of infection so hospitals need a constant supply.
- Draw a rectangle shape pattern onto paper 36cm depth and 54cm width.
- Pin paper pattern onto fabric. 1cm seam allowance is allowed on side and base of pattern and 4cm for top hem.
- Press under 1cm along top edge, then a second turning of 3cm onto wrong side of fabric for top hem.
- Pin, tack and machine close to fold.
- Fold fabric in half right sides together.
- Pin, tack and machine 1cm in from edge along base and side leaving a 2cm gap at the top to allow room for ribbon to be inserted.
- Turn through to right side and press.
- Insert 1 metre of ribbon