- Federation President Sue Williams succeeded Susan Biggs, and will lead the organisation over the next 12 months. Her theme for the year is ‘Think on it’ which encourages Members to raise awareness of mental health, particularly the issues which affect women and girls, such as that resulting from domestic violence or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Some shocking statistics:
29% of women have mental health issues compared with 17% of men.
- 30-60% of women with mental health problems have experienced domestic violence.
- 2/3 of dementia cases are women.
- 1 in 12 young women self-harm.
- 20% of women have PTSD compared to 8 % of men.
- 56% of young trafficked survivors have depression.