Helping our Community…..
Update June 2020:
We have raised:
£350 for Cheshire Without Abuse
£120 for Nantwich Foodbank
We know that many members of our local communities are really struggling in the lock down and we want to continue to support them. Many members are donating the money they would have spent on monthly dinner meetings the Foodbank and Cheshire Without Abuse. So far we have raised over £300. Here is what Cheshire Without Abuse had to say when we sent in our funds:
Your donation makes a huge difference to the local families we work with. We will never use your donation to pay staff or overhead costs, every penny goes to directly support families in some of the following ways:
- Emergency food vouchers for families coming into refuge accommodation
- To purchase resources for families including paying for Monkey Bob resources for children and care packages for adults and children
- To provide one-off grants to support unique items that will make a difference to survivors and their children e.g. provision of white goods or a contribution to moving costs
- To fund emergency travel costs out of hour
- To purchase welcome packs for families coming into refuge
- We are still running the majority of our support services during this unprecedented pandemic, albeit in new ways. During the COVID-19 crisis your donation will be used to ensure that:
- Every family coming into refuge receives a generous welcome pack of food and toiletries
- Every child referred to our service will receive a weekly care package of emotional wellbeing and safety activities as well as food and small treats where needed
Supporting the NHS
We have supplied 32 scrub bags to our local hospital for staff caring for Covid19 patients to wash their uniforms and scrubs in without contaminating anything.
Keeping ourselves busy and having fun!
We have our own WhatsApp group where numerous funny videos and jokes are keeping up our sense of humour and a book and jigsaw sharing scheme – where do they all come from?!!
Members regularly phone each other to have a chat and check they are alright, particularly those living on their own.
We are joining the nation of ‘zoomers’ to get together, catch up and have a bit of a laugh!