There is a wealth of skills amongst our members and we are now in our third year of a programme, working with Sixth Form students from a local school. As well as the skills of planning Programme Action events, such as our Fashion Show, the students have had the opportunity to meet women from a diverse range of professional backgrounds at our Business and Supper Meetings.
This is how we believe the students have benefited:
- Developing skills in organising events
- Understanding of workplace processes
- Confidence in being part of a group with a cause
- Developing social networking skills
- Knowing there is somewhere to get help outside school and family
- Raised awareness of the many issues facing women and girls in the world today