Programme Action – Sharing our Skills
There is a wealth of skills amongst our members and we are now in our third year of a programme, working with Sixth Form girls from a local school. As well as the skills of running meetings, and planning programme action events, which the girls have seen at our meetings, and which are transferable to the workplace, the girls have had the opportunity to meet women from a diverse range of professional backgrounds.
We have loved working with the girls, offering support and sharing their learning plans.
This is how we believe the students have benefited:
- Help with university applications and personal statements.
- Training in interview skills
- Understanding of workplace processes
- Confidence in being part of a group with a cause
- Developing social networking skills
- Knowing there is somewhere to get help outside school and family
- Awareness of the many issues facing women and girls in the world today