Are you interested in …
- making a difference to the lives of women and girls?
- working alongside like-minded women with a social conscience?
- being part of an international women’s organisation that carries weight at the United Nations?
Read on – about Crosby’s Soroptimist club …
- we are active locally, nationally and internationally.
- in the local community our voluntary service supports women and girls in direct, practical ways. Our innovative STEM events for local schools, for example, have promoted science, technology, engineering and maths to dozens of girls.
- we are active in the wider world, supporting disadvantaged people who are trying to improve their lives. For example, we have worked with Mary’s Meals to enhance children’s education through equipment and basic meals.
- we have links with Soroptimist clubs in this country and abroad. We have shared time together through visits and – recently – through Zoom calls. Soroptimists value friendship!
What do our Crosby members value?
- fun, friendship and making a difference as we work together
- lots of interesting members with a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- the sense of sisterhood and mutual support that I receive from club
- a forward-thinking club – community service and good social activities
- the opportunity to serve
- there is an energy to help and enhance the lives of women and girls
We took part in a new video about being a Soroptimist – find out more!
When do we meet?
We meet monthly at the West Lancashire Golf Club for a meal and general catch-up before the main meeting.
In ‘Covid-times’ we met through Zoom calls and (when permitted) small groups in members’ gardens. We kept in touch with each other and our Secretary sent out a regular lockdown newsletter – much appreciated. Our website news pages show we were very busy, despite the limitations.
Want to know more about Soroptimist International, Crosby?
Just contact us. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Enjoy a chat over a cup of coffee. Then you might like to attend one of our meetings.
Take your time to get to know us. We look forward to getting to know you, too.