What we do as Soroptimists …
Each Soroptimist International club identifies the needs of its community, then establishes specific projects to address these needs. This we call Programme Action.
As a volunteer service organisation, programme work is our prime function.
Our work is linked to the women-centred goals set by our ‘parent’ organisation, Soroptimist International (SI).
Most of our club projects relate to one (or more) of SI’s Programme Objectives:
- Learning Opportunities – Increase access to formal and non-formal learning opportunities
- Economic Empowerment – Improve access to economic empowerment and sustainable opportunities for the employment of women
- Violence and Conflict Resolution – Eliminate violence against women and girls and ensure women’s participation in conflict resolution
- Food Security and Healthcare – Ensure women and girls have food security and access to the highest attainable standard of health care
- Environmental Sustainability– Address the specific needs of women and girls by improving environmental sustainability, and mitigating effects of climate change and disasters
The projects listed on our website include some of the local and international issues we research and support in SI Crosby such as violence against women, children’s educational opportunities at home and abroad.