Requests for Funding
Applications for funding
We recognise the financial difficulties that organisations and charities face and give generously to many charities. We would love to be able to support all the numerous requests we receive, but with our limited resources it is not always possible. There is no certainty that applications for funding will be successful. To help us to respond fairly and equitably we use the following criteria:
- Our main charities are decided by our Club President at the beginning of the Presidential Year April – April. Others are dictated by our Programme Action Work.
- These can be found on our website
- There is a planned programme of activities to raise money directly for these charities
- All other requests for funding are taken to Grange SI club for consideration on their individual merits and how they fulfil our aims and objectives
- Any general monies raised are distributed according to our Financial Procedures – Distribution of Charity Funds which are detailed below.
Distribution of Charity Funds
- · 50%of the monies to be distributed will be agreed by the President and 50% by the club
- · All requests for funding are discussed first at the Executive and then by the club and a response of receipt of the request will be sent by email or letter within one month.
- · The distribution of the monies will not be historic but be considered annually so different charities can benefit
- · The distribution of money to President’s Charities will be made at the end of the Presidential Year i.e. April. Any request must reach the club by the 12th January
- · Some decisions on distribution may be made earlier in the year
For requests from Young People – the following criteria will be applied
- · Applications will be considered from Grange and District
- · The project must comply with the 3 E’s _ Educate Empower Enable
- · It should present a unique opportunity to gain experience that cannot be gained elsewhere
- · It will lead to personal achievement that will enhance their lives
- · Applicants should be able to show that they are raising funds through other means
- · A decision about the request may be made at any time during the year so that the project can proceed
If having read the above you still wish to apply for funding please send us a letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4 that addresses the above criteria. Do remember that an application for funding does not guarantee that it will be successful.
Applications to be sent either by email or letter to our secretary before 12th January
Dr Sheila Phizacklea
Grange over Sands LA11 7RJ