Soroptimists are all about actions – we are ‘Women inspiring action, transforming lives”, and each year we celebrate with a Day of Action, where we reflect on what we are doing to help and transform the lives of women and girls.
This year we are reflecting on how Soroptimists are staying connected with each other and with our communities during this global pandemic. Here are some examples:
Staying Connected with each other: We have been staying connected with each other through video calls – meeting socially and to discuss ongoing projects. We use Zoom, and we also made sure we had the facility to allow telephone dial-in for people who didn’t want to use a video-calling service.
- Tomorrow’s Women Wirral (www.tomorrowswomen.org.uk)
- Hope for Justice (www.hopeforjustice.org)
- Soroptimist Federation Project: Empowering Girls in Nepal (www.empoweringgirlsinnepal.org)
- Purple Community Fund (www.p-c-f.org)
- Classrooms in the Clouds (www.classroomsintheclouds.org)