Grange Soroptimists had a most relaxing and enjoyable evening with taster sessions of yoga, circle dancing and relaxation with Cathy Lubelska, Helen Brooks and Tracey Fielding. This was part of our programme fitting in with Soroptimists in the UK who are concentrating on Mental Health with their SoroptimistsThinkOnIt campaign
Some Shocking Statistics
- 29% of women have mental health issues compared with 17% of men.
- 30-60% of women with mental health problems have experienced domestic violence.
- 2/3 of dementia cases are women.
- 1 in 12 young women self-harm.
- 20% of women have PTSD compared to 8 % of men.
- 56% of young trafficked survivors have depression.
Statistics from The Mental Health Foundation.
This time it was our chance to improve our mental health after working to help others in the community Singing for Memory Team celebrate their 5th year
If you would like information about joining our club CONTACT US