Programme Action in our region is alive and well!
Our report from the clubs shows that since April, members have worked hard at the following projects:
- regular PAC meetings ensure that the club remains focussed on Soroptimist projects
- continues to support Whitworth House a facility for young homeless women
- have kept support going for the Hospice with their weekend rota
- regular slots in the shopping mall to raise awareness of women’s issues
SI East London
- continue their work in the locality and invite excellent speakers on issues affecting women and girls; a small but purposeful club!
- delighted to have supported the regional project again. The Hillcrest project, which is overseen by one of their members also remains one of their targets.
SI Gt Yarmouth
- Have made usual contributions to both Refuges
- spearheaded the Neat Feet Happy Hands project
- another small but purposeful club – working on their project supporting local women, following the success of their book launch
- they continue to distribute SI Yeovil’s bookmarks to schools and other outlets
- reports that they will have more news from the 4 Women Resource Centre
- The Club will support this year’s Regional Project.
SI King’s Lynn
- have made a decision to focus on those projects which fit the SI ethos of working with women and girls.
- English Lessons for Migrant Workers – continue on a weekly basis.
- Collection of toiletries for local Women’s refuge.
SI Southend-on-Sea & District
- continuing to collect for and distribute toiletries bags for the refuges
- Christmas bags for homeless women and overnight bags of toiletries for women in hospital
- continuing to lobby about Relationships Ed and eliminating VAW, working with the local Safeguarding group.
- collating results and discussing next steps from the Trafficking survey.