Programme Focus 2015-2019
Soroptimist International Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI) works to the Programme Focus which is agreed by all parts of Soroptimist International (SI), the umbrella organisation. This provides the structure, or “focus” of all our project work.
Goal one in the Programme Focus for 2015-2019 is purely for Soroptimist International’s Advocacy Work, whilst the four Federations concentrate on work that complies with the areas in Goal 2.
Programme Focus 2015-2019:
Goal 1: Soroptimist International will be a global voice for women and girls
- Increase Soroptimist advocacy at the global level
- Increase the international visibility and profile of Soroptimist International
Goal 2: The Soroptimist federations will be linked in their efforts to improve the lives of women and girls through education, empowerment and enabling opportunities
The focus for Goal 2 will be projects in the areas of:
- Elimination of violence
- Economic empowerment
- Food security
- Environmental sustainability/water and sanitation
- Conflict resolution/peace promotion
- Disaster mitigation and relief
We also have a lot of FUN and FRIENDSHIP.