An Explanation of Programme Action
We call our voluntary work “Programme Action”. Programme Action is the reason for being a Soroptimist. It reflects the Vision, Core Purpose and Core Values of Soroptimist International.
To be a global voice for women through awareness, advocacy and action.
Together, through international goodwill and understanding, and friendship, we will strive for:
- The advancement of the status of women,
- High ethical standards,
- Human rights for all,
- Equality, development and peace.
Soroptimist International is committed to:
- Service to local, national and international communities
- Active participation in decision-making at all levels of society
- International goodwill and understanding
Yorkshire Region has 21 clubs, actively involved in a range of programme action activities.
UKPAC is a sub-committee of the Federation programme Action Team, which is a member of the Management Board of SIGBI. It deals specifically with UK clubs and, their Programme Work. https://sigbi.org/ukpac/