Whilst we join other organisations around the world in this campaign, as Soroptimists, our emphasis is on violence against women and girls.
The campaign always starts on November 25th – The International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and runs until 10th December – Human Rights Day. The UN uses orange as its theme colour to denote optimism that things can and will improve.
So we will be ‘Oranging’ Kenilworth in the following ways:-
Throughout the period, bollards along Warwick Road and High St will be decorated in orange. Additionally Club members will wear orange clothing at various events. And of course we’ll post lots on our social media.
- 25th November – Orange Christmas tree in St Nicholas Church
- 27th November – Benches in Abbey Fields and outside Abbey Hill United Reformed Church decorated in orange
- 2nd December – An orange themed raffle at our Midland Arden Region meeting
- 3rd – Pop up Shoe display in Acorns Charity shop representing women killed by a man in 2022
- 7th December – Collection of orange themed food items for the foodbank at Anawim at our December meal meeting
- 8th December – Handbags for the Love Grace appeal will be given to women in Refuges in Warwickshire and Anawim
- 10th December – Pop up Shoe display in Acorns Charity shop representing women killed by a man in 2022