We undertake a variety of initiatives to build links around the globe, supporting women and girls in diverse ways linking to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 4 (quality education), 5 (gender equality), 10 (reducing inequalities) and 17 (partnerships for the goals):
- Our special charity, providing primary education for children living in the slums of Dhaka who would otherwise receive no education: Cementing Futures
- ‘Run Bournemouth’ – members and friends raise funds annually for Cementing Futures by managing a hydration station at the run
- Supporting the SI President’s Appeal annually, these vary year to year but we raise funds to support key projects
- Toilet Twinning: we achieved 80 twinned toilets for our 80th anniversary in 2018
- ‘Convoy to Syria and Yemen’ Appeal – regularly contributing basic necessities for refugees, working with Sister Tama Mercadi of BCP Shout Out
- Support of local International Communities (for example, City of Sanctuary and the International Care Network) in a variety of ways: attending meetings, supporting initiatives, going to lunches and donating goods
We enable and empower our partners to carry out these projects by raising awareness and funds.