Welcome to SI Perth
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our members are not meeting in person at the moment, only digitally. However, we are still working on projects and hopefully it won’t be long until we are back to our monthly meetings again. Meantime, check out our website if you are interested in finding out more about us. To get in touch, please click on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Also, find out more about us on Facebook or check out our newsletter SI Perth Leaflet
Normally, SI Perth meet at 6:30 pm in the Royal George Hotel, Perth, on the 2nd Tuesday of every month from September to June. ALL VISITORS WELCOME!!
The meetings often include an interesting speaker, an update on the good causes we work with, a small amount of business and time to chat. Guests are welcome at all meetings. The formalities of the evening are concluded by 9:00 pm.
Social events often include an opening lunch, a Christmas meal and a summer outing, as well as a monthly coffee morning at the Black Watch Castle Cafe where members can enjoy a coffee, a scone and a good blether. Visits to Pitlochry Theatre and to the cinema can also feature in our social calendar, always enjoyed by everyone who participates.
We also organise a few fundraising events during the year and disburse the funds at our AGM in April to causes both locally and internationally. We have around 19 members at present and would be delighted to welcome more.
As women working globally to help other women and girls, you’ll find fun, friendship and a sense of pride that you are helping to make the world a better place for people who need our help.
Please also check out our Programme Action (What we do) pages to find out a whole lot more about this dynamic and active club, our activities and our contribution to our global society. Our work falls under five headings – what we call the five P’s. These are:
- People Trying to end poverty and hunger, encourage good health, good education and gender equality
- Prosperity Looking at economic growth, renewables, innovation & infrastructure, sustainable communities
- Planet Pushing for clean water for all, good sanitation for all, climate action, responsible consumption
- Peace Advocating for an end to wars, lasting peace and justice for everyone, e.g. ending modern slavery
- Partnerships Working in partnership with organisations with the same goals as ourselves
All our work is linked to the Sustainable Development Goals whether it’s local, national or international.